General Position Description:
Under general supervision, responsible for administrative management of the Gaston Intake Unit and to be a primary point of first contact for the Central Intake Unit. This position will coordinate client flow within the Central Intake Unit to increase overall satisfaction. Collection and review of patient accounts both personal and financial data including client demographics, financial review, NC Tracks verification, and identification of other payers with verification. Responsible for entering all administrative information into the agency computer system. Handles collection and maintenance of first party cash/receipts. Monitor safety to reduce risk to clients, staff and the agency.
Performance Expectations and Competencies
1. To provide strong communication skills as PCC’s first point of contact with clients and the general public to ensure good customer service.
2. To ensure client information is correct when the client comes into the office through the Electronic Medical Records and Databases. Review and update client insurance information at each contact along with demographic information.
3. Responsible for taking Mental Health appointment referrals and scheduling for outpatient services clinicians.
4. Check in with patient while he/she is waiting for appointment.
5. Maintain the smooth flow of communication between patient, provider and other clinic support staff.
6. Keep clinic and waiting area clean, organized and safe.
7. Answer telephone calls promptly and courteously
8. Retrieve answering machine messages and return calls appropriately
9. Transfer telephone calls to other staff (e.g. nursing staff, outreach staff or etc. accordingly) appropriately.
10. Ensure proper credit/payment is maintained on patient’s account (e.g. performs cashiering duties, posting charges, prints out receipt, etc.)
11. Responsible for opening and closing of cash box
12. Turn on and turn off television in patient waiting area at appropriate times
13. Maintain compliance with PCC policy and Procedure to include use of PTO
14. Scanning of medical records into ENotes daily.
15. Work closely and coordinate with administrative/clinical staff both internal and external to Phoenix to coordinate efforts for flow of services and information as needed for referral and transition.
16. Demonstrate competency in taking vitals, breathalyzing, and drug screening when needed to assist clinical intake staff with administrative burdens.
17. Scanning of any necessary items into the Phoenix electronic health record
18. Responsible for assignment of client data to be utilized and submitted to Health Connex (HIE requirement)
19. Other duties as assigned by supervisor
General Knowledge, Skill, and Competencies:
General Knowledge: Intermediate computer skills especially with Microsoft Software (including Word, Excel). Ability to manage a multi-line phone system within the site, general working knowledge of accounting principles. Position requires strong communication skills for interaction with the general population, staff, and clients. Working knowledge of safety rules and policy requirements in order to maintain a safe environment at the front desk thus minimizing risk. Should have a working knowledge of general office equipment.
Strong ability to multi-task and handle deadlines, ability to manage time and be productive while working alone, Skills should include excellent communication skills both verbally and on the telephone.
Preferred and Minimum Position Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 1 year experience in a healthcare setting. Preference given to applicants with previous experience in a behavioral health/addictions office setting as well as prior triage and/or screening experience.
Additional Job Requirements (Licenses, Certifications, Personal Vehicle, etc.):
1. Valid driver’s license
2. Vehicle with tag, registration, and inspection
3. Adequate automobile liability insurance