General Position Description:
Under general supervision, responsible for management of the front reception areas with the site and to be a primary point of first contact for the agency with the general public. Coordinate client flow throughout the site to increase overall satisfaction. Collection and review of patient accounts both personal and financial data with entry/update into the agency computer system. Handles collection and maintenance of first party cash/receipts. Monitor safety to reduce risk to clients, staff and the agency.
Performance Expectations and Competencies
1. To provide strong communication skills as PCC’s first point of contact with clients and the general public to ensure good customer service.
2. Serves as a primary backup for the main reception area administrative specialist
3. Serves as back up for Gaston Outpatient driver on an as needed basis.
4. To ensure client information is correct when the client comes into the office through the Electronic Medical Records and Databases. Review and update client insurance information at each appointment along with demographic information.
5. Verify patient’s appointment on the Medical Manager and appointment report.
6. Check in with patient while he/she is waiting for appointment.
7. Maintain the smooth flow of communication between patient, provider and other clinic support staff.
8. Handle scheduling inquiries
9. Keep clinic and waiting area clean, organized and safe.
10. Answer telephone calls promptly and courteously
11. Retrieve answering machine messages and return calls appropriately
12. Transfer telephone calls to other staff (e.g. nursing staff, outreach staff or etc. accordingly) appropriately.
13. Update group numbers on appropriate spreadsheets
14. Ensure proper credit/payment is maintained on patient’s account (e.g. performs cashiering duties, posting charges, prints out receipt, etc.)
15. Responsible for opening and closing of cash box
16. Turn on and turn off television in patient waiting area at appropriate times
17. Maintain compliance with PCC policy and Procedure to include use of PTO
18. Scanning of medical records into ENotes daily.
General Knowledge, Skill, and Competencies:
Knowledge: Intermediate computer skills especially with Microsoft Software ( including Word, Excel) Ability to manage a multi line phone system within the site, general working knowledge of accounting principles. Position requires strong communication skills for interaction with the general population, staff, and clients. Working knowledge of safety rules and policy requirements in order to maintain a safe environment at the front desk thus minimizing risk. Should have a working knowledge of general office equipment.
Skills: Stong ability to multi-task and handle deadlines, ability to manage time and be productive while working alone, Skills should include excellent communication skills both verbally and on the telephone.
Preferred and Minimum Position Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivilant and a minimum of 1 year experience in a healthcare setting. Preference given to applicants with previous experience in a behavioral health/addictions office setting.
Additional Job Requirements (Licenses, Certifications, Personal Vehicle, etc.):
- Valid drivers license
- Vehicle with tag, registration, and inspection
- Adequate automobile liability insurance