General Position Description:
As a non-licensed professional this position will perform a variety of administrative and clinical tasks under the direction of the Inpatient Clinical Officer and RN Manager. Under general supervision provides services to consumers receiving 24/7/365 crisis services. This may include the following levels of care/services; Detoxification, SA-Residential, Facility Based Crisis, Crisis Observation/Evaluation, Ambulatory Detox, and/or any other service assigned by supervisor. Primary duties include supporting the medical and clinical services being provided to consumers, to include; obtain medical information from consumers at admission to maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment, assisting consumers with basic needs, motivational counseling, medication administration and enhance service delivery, transportation, and other duties assigned by supervisor.
Performance Expectations and Competencies
- Shall demonstrate the use of knowledge/skill/judgment and provide24/7/365 crisis management services that evidence ethical performance, and meet the needs of persons served and other stakeholders. Performance tasks shall include, but not be limited to:
- Under the direct supervision of the Inpatient Clinical Officer or RN Manager shall utilize knowledge/skill to maintain a safe and therapeutic environment and support professional services that are provided within 24/7/365 services.
- Use of least restrictive interventions to promote consumer autonomy and assure safety for employees and other consumers on the unit.
- Effective communication with consumers to enhance motivation and commitment to recovery process.
- Taking accurate vital signs that include blood pressure, pulse, respirations, monitoring general health status, safety, observing self-administration of medications, medication administration, blood draws, etc.
- Consumer Documentation to include:
- Understanding of rules and structure of unit
- Self-medication and MAR forms.
- Consumer Record Documentation to include:
- Service Notes
- Confidentiality and Privacy Practice Documentation
- General admission and referral forms.
- Transport of consumers to medical facility, as needed.
- Use of a community based team approach that utilizes the resources of the community, consumer, and treatment team, to achieve positive consumer outcome, stabilize the crisis and appropriate transitions the consumer to needed services and supports .
- Shall demonstrate the ability to work/be a part of a 24/7/365 organizational and therapeutic teams, and maintain positive working relationships with consumers, community stakeholders, referral organizations, and other employees/ departments of PCC.
- Monitoring and maintaining internal control of consumer funds.
- Shall develop a working knowledge of applicable organizational policy and procedure and demonstrate compliance. This shall include, but not be limited to:
- Personnel policies/procedures
- Employee Ethics/Corporate Compliance/Consumer Rights
(All CSW’s/RSW’s/RMA’s/CMA’s are required to complete upon hire and annually thereafter mandatory professional ethics training)
- Service record documentation
- Clinical Policy and Procedure
- Medication administration
- Shall complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
General Knowledge and Skills Required for Position:
General Knowledge of the dynamics of MH/DD/SA behavioral health disorders (BHD) and their impact upon persons served and their families; the bio/psycho/social factors involved in (BHD); up-to-date principles/techniques (evidence based/best practices) of crisis response, prevention, and intervention application to individuals possessing (BHD); the community resources available to persons with (BHD), to include behavioral health, social service, community services, and self-help groups; knowledge of billing and service record documentation requirements, NC Division of MH/DD/SA, ASAM/MCO, CARF and PCC policy/procedure.
General Skill in the application of crisis assessment/prevention/intervention techniques that are considered as ethical evidence based/best practices as defined by the NC Division of MH/DD/SA, and/or literature/research, and organizational policy/procedure; skill in the delivery of services using accepted crisis treatment modalities, to include, individual, family, marital, and in-community; skill in establishing/maintaining effective therapeutic and professional relationships with persons served and/or their family members; behavioral health providers; and, skill in accurately documenting services provided and billed.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Registered/Certified Medical Assistant credentials required.
- Preference will be given to applicant with MH/DD/SAS experience.
Additional Job Requirements (Licenses, Certifications, Personal Vehicle, etc.):
- Valid driver’s license
- 24/7/365 shift work is required for this position that may include availability by phone to work shifts and cover increased acuity on unit or as requested by manager.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must have the ability to operate telephone, fax machine, and computer hardware/software.
- Must have the ability to write in a manner that is legible/readable/understandable.
- Willingness to work in a high stress/risk environment that is driven by team performance
- Transportation to and from work in various environmental conditions as 24/7 services are essential services that must operate 24/7/365.
- Must complete and remain in compliance with the following trainings/certifications:
- First Aid/CPR
- EBPI – A/B
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Medication Management
- Others as specified by program requirements.