98% of our clients feel they were treated with dignity and respect during their time at Phoenix.
At Phoenix Counseling Center, we know how tough it is to struggle with addiction, domestic violence, sexual assault, trauma or a mental health issue. It’s important to realize you’re not alone – and to know that, with help, you can rise above these situations.
We’ve helped countless people in Gaston, Lincoln and Cleveland counties by treating them with respect and providing the services they need to recover.
Remarkable things happen when help, hope and compassion come together.
We provide a full range of services that help individuals and families overcome life’s challenges. If you’re dealing with addiction, recovery is achieved through abstinence, long with therapy and support groups.
- Comprehensive treatment to address alcohol and drug use
- Women’s substance use treatment
- Men’s substance use treatment
- Crisis / detox / residential treatment
- Individual and family therapy
- Sexual assault services
- Partial hospitalization (PH)
- Substance use or DWI assessment
- Trauma group
- Mobile crisis team
- Domestic violence counseling
- Outpatient services
If you’re feeling threatened or are overwhelmed by despair, don’t wait to get help. Pick up the phone or visit one of our Crisis & Recovery Centers now.
24-Hour Crisis Line
Our Phoenix staff is trained to deal with crisis situations ranging from acute psychiatric symptoms to dangerous behaviors resulting from drug or alcohol use. If you’re unable to get to our locations, we’ll bring the help to you with our Mobile Crisis services, which are available at no out-of-pocket expense to you.
- Two 24 / 7 / 365 Crisis & Recovery Centers
Located in Gastonia and Shelby
- Adults 18 years old and up
- 16-bed units with three observation chairs
- Psychiatric medication monitoring
- Sexual assault services
- Voluntary and involuntary admissions
- Individual and group counseling
- Mobile crisis services
- Treatment by trained medical staff
- Referral for ongoing substance abuse and mental health treatment
Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault Services
Available in Gaston & Lincoln counties. For Cleveland County, please click here.
24-Hour Sexual Assault Crisis Line
(855) 5CRISIS (855-527-4747)
The trauma of domestic violence and sexual assault doesn’t end with the attack. When you’re the victim of forced contact, you can be left with feelings of shame, fear, anger and unworthiness. You can even blame yourself for the assault, which makes the trauma even more unbearable. We can help you rediscover your strength.
The professionals at Phoenix are here for you, any time of the day or night.
- Hospital response & accompaniment
- Short-term crisis counseling
- Assistance with making a police report / pressing charges
- Protective order & court accompaniment
- Connect with a counselor
- Support groups / art therapy groups
- Connect with other community resources
Our first goal is to relieve the immediate pain and trauma resulting from the crisis. The next step is to provide the ongoing support that’s needed for long-term healing or recovery.
Wherever you are in Gaston, Lincoln or Cleveland counties, we’re ready to help. We have two Crisis & Recovery Centers, three outpatient facilities, a Mobile Crisis Team and a halfway house for women’s substance abuse.
HELP AVAILABLE 24/7/365
Our Gaston and Cleveland Crisis and Recovery Centers are open 24/7/365 — and our 24-Hour Crisis Line is always available every hour, every day of the year.
AFFORDABLE FOR ALL
At Phoenix, we believe cost should never be a barrier to getting the help you need. Our services are available on a sliding scale, which means you pay what you can afford. We also accept Medicaid and health insurance policy payments.